How to Cook Campsite Meals from Canned Foods
Admittedly, canned food is my least preferred choice for a camp dinner. But, there are a few good ones and they make cooking a breeze. ALl you do is
Here's the trick. Head to the grocery store a few weeks before your trip and get one small can of each type of ccanned entree that you think looks good. Try it out at home as a side dish for your family. Find out which ones they like, and which they can't stand.
Much better to do that at home.
Here's what I found that I - and my kids - like:
Best of the canned foods
- Hormel Chili - especially their Angus beef chhili with beans. It's actually good!
- Baked beans - your favorite variety
- Canned tuna - Add some may, salt and pepper, 2 pieces of bread and you have an instant sandwich.
- Canned fruit - not an entree, but still health, fast and easy
- Canned spaghetti and meat - just for emergencies