How to Cook Campsite Spaghetti
Who doesn't like spaghetti? It's tasty, easy to make and nutritious. And best of all, for camping, it just takes two pots and can be made as a vegetarian and/or gluten-free dish for those who prefer that!
What you need:
- Camp stove
- 2 pots
- Silicone or wood spoon or spatula
- Dried pasta noodles (spaghetti, penne, angel hair, linguini or whatever you like)
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce (I like Classico brand)
- 2 lbs ground beef, turkey, chicken or veggie protein, like beyond beef
- (optional) cooking spray oil
How to cook the meal (total time 20 to 30 minutes)
- Get water boiling in 1 pot for the pasta and add the pasta (you don't need to wait for the water to boil)
- Get the other pot heating up, then add the meat and brown it,. Cook until completely brown, do not leave it unattended.
- Add the spaghetti sauce to the meat and bring to a simmer.
- Drain the noodles, serve on plates and add the sauce to each!
If you use nonstick pots and paper plates, just wipe the pots out wash with dish soap and a sponge and wash the utensils.