How to Cook Campsite Hot Dogs
Hot dogs are another favorite camp meal, and certainly popular with kids! Served with baked beans (or chips)! You can use beef, turkey, chicken even a veggie hot dog! Fast, easy and please almost everyone!
What you need:
- Camp stove
- 1 pot and 1 fry pan or 2 pots
- Silicone or wood spatula
- 1or 2 dogs or sausages per person.
- 1 can (16 oz) of baked beans or chili) per 2 persons... unless they're really hungry, then 1 per person.
- Seasonings: your choice, mustard, ketchup, pepper, salt.
- (optional) cooking spray oil for the pan
How to cook the meal (total time 15 to 25 minutes)
- Get baked beans heating over very low heat in a pot on one burner.
- Get the fry pan or other pot heating up, then add the sausages or hot dogs.
- Cook until hot, about 5 minutes on each side
- Serve on plates!
If you use nonstick pots and paper plates, just wipe the pots out wash with dish soap and a sponge and wash the utensils.